As a Registered Nurse Attorney, who is also certified as a Legal Nurse Consultant by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC), Mary Meinhard brings invaluable multi-faceted experience to bear on your case – whether it’s your dream case, or the proverbial “case from hell.”
She is an excellent organizer, superb educator, and, she has the proven ability to: Identify overlooked facts; interpret complex medical records, terminology and data; explain relevant information in lay terms; clarify how it all fits into the overall case analysis; and, persuade your audience with a coherent, interesting, easy-to-follow narrative.
She provides the medical “bridge” to cover the gaps in the attorney’s knowledge, and, as a California licensed attorney, with 20+ years of experience, she knows precisely what you need, and how to present it.
Confounded by all of that Medical-ese? Wondering how to cogently state your case? There’s no need to pull your hair out – hire an experienced Legal Nurse Consultant!
As medical insiders, with first hand knowledge of our complex healthcare system, Ms. Meinhard and her highly motivated professional team are ready to help you develop powerful strategies and successful outcomes, while making your job easier, efficient and more cost effective by:
- Pre-Suit Clinical Record Review: To assess liability exposure and to provide an initial Litigation Evaluation Report
- Assessing the Medical Records and Analyzing Your Case: This entails identifying and reviewing relevant medical records, identifying relevant missing records, obtaining hospital policies and procedures, organizing and Bates-stamping medical records, preparing and updating chronological medical events, screening for merit, defining applicable standards of care and deviations from those standards, identifying injuries and associated damages, recommending potential defendants, identifying comparative/contributory negligence; screening for tampering with the medical records, and more…
- Case Research and Support: This includes medical/legal/public literature searches concerning standards, guidelines, policies, and legal issues, as well as verification of literature advanced by the opposition. Ms. Meinhard is also available to attend Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs) and is qualified to meet your Life Care Planning and Medicare Set-Aside needs
- Medical/Legal Liaison: This includes interviewing the plaintiff or defendant, key witnesses and expert witness; consulting with healthcare providers; and, serving as a liaison between those individuals and the attorney.
- Litigation Support: This involves locating and interfacing with expert witnesses; analyzing and comparing expert reports; preparing lay witnesses and experts for deposition and trial; serving as an expert witness testifying to the nursing standard of care; preparing deposition and trial questions; drafting discovery documents (e.g., interrogatories, special interrogatories, requests for production of documents, etc.), deposition review/summary, taking expert/lay witness depositions, etc.